Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Twilight vs Vampire Diaries

As we all know, I have several obsessions! I have recently become 1 million percent obsessed with Stephanie Meyers Twilight. To the point actually where it is not healthy..hehe! I read all 4 books and with each 1 it kept me wanting more! More, Edward, More Jacob and fine..even more Bella! However, after the 4 books, a quarter of the unfinished 5th book, the movie, trailers and fanfiction..what is left? ??

Well, I have come across a new tv show that is coming on the CW this fall called Vampire Diaries. This is right up my alley =) I heard it is based on a series of books. This made my day, a new vampire series I could get sucked into...( yes I know, I need an intervention) However, I began reading this series 2 days ago. I was a little nervous since I ordered the series online and was awaiting my books because I started reading reviews and comments. There was tons of comparing the two. Stating that one was a knock off of the other. Being a TRUE and LOYAL twilight fan, could I read its rival? But, I got over it, it's just a book. However, only in reading the first few chapters I see so many similiarities it is a bit unsettling. Especially, since VD was created way before Stephanie Meyer "dreamed " this up....

So, with all this said I am trying to have an open mind. I mean books in the same genre tend to be similiar right? Romance novels all are so similiar , so why not this. Yet, it is so unsettling to me...only because I do get so involved into these novels- as I said, to the point that it is unhealthy! So, I am hoping that as I continue to read I do not have this same quesy feeling that my PRECIOUS Twilight Series might have been, hmm whats the word..."inspired" by this VD series...

Similiarities thus far

Both take place in a very small town
Both deal with characters in HS
these two may mean nothing but as I continued....
Both have to deal with a centuries old vampire who has a tainted past but has reverted themselves into a "vegetarian" vampire
Both have a girl that for whatever reason is more appetizing then anyone else ever
Both main characters can read minds and have the power of persusion through their eyes
Both main character girls are strangely obsessed with this vampire boy
Both vampires decide to try to stay away from the "temptation" girl
Both vampires are rude and offensive in the beginning
Both can go out during the day
Both as I said, do not prey on humans
Both just want to be accepted into society, but both feel as if they are" evil" and "monsters" and do not deserve real happiness.....
Now I think this seems like a lot,,what worries me is Im only on chapter 4 of the 1st book!!
Plus, just by knowing a few tidbits about the book..I know alot more similiarites are to come....

All I know is, I will still love the Twilight series no matter what....but I don't know if I will feel the same way about SM...

Differences and more updates to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My obsessions!!! You will be hearing about these at some point

  • HARRY POTTER
  • CHOCOLATE
  • COFFEE
  • BRENDA AND DYLAN 90210 EPISODES
  • ENTOURAGE
  • SEX AND THE CITY
  • QUEER AS FOLK ( BRIAN AND JUSTIN MOSTLY)
  • TWILIGHT

About Me

My photo
Riverview, Florida, United States
Anna Constantinides Bonich is wife to: Fernando Bonich Mother to: Justina ( Nina)- 7 Crystal ( Mushala)- 2 Giovanni ( lil man or the chunkster)-1

Pook and I

Pook and I
I DO