Friday, May 21, 2010

My ode to the May sweeps finales...

We all know Im a tv junkie. I enjoy mindless tv to pass the time and Im not ashamed of it one little bit. I love getting sucked in and obsessing over them! So if you havent watched the finales ( this may contain spoilers) or you hate tv you may skip this post..I will totally not get offeneded. This is just a mindless post today about the tv shows I love to love =)
So my first finale of the season was the Vampire Diaries. Which I totally love. Definatley my favorite show on tv right now. I love that it has some elements of the books but totally goes on its own in storylines. This isnt a one time movie that I want to stay true to the book. This is a tv drama that I hope goes on for years to come! So I love to be surprised. Well surprised me it did. When Damon and Elena kissed I just about passed out! When I find out later it was actually Catherine and she chops off Johns hand and killed him I think I actually did faint for a second! The whole season, finale included was SO well made and I cant wait to see what they have in store for us next season! I mean Im sure it will be amazing..anything Ian Somerhalder touches achieves greatness( Damon in VD or also known as Boone from lost)
My other 2 finales were not as grand or satisfying as I had hoped and not even close to as brillant as VD.
Gossip girl- Yes the trashy show I got into around the holidays in my madness with all the winter hiatus crap! However I love it! Although, I did NOT love the finale. Here are my issues. I am totally in love with Chuck Bass ( such a Bian Kinney-esque character) which of course is my FAVORITE character of ALL time! So, I was inclined to fall in love with Chuck and Blair...They finally got together after 2 whole seasons to barely be together for half a season. I dont like this. I understand we need drama to keep it exciting but I also believe in making viewers happy and giving us at least a little bit of what we desire. ( We are the ones that keep the show alive even though writers/actors/producers seem to have forgotten this lately) The fact that he was gonna propose and Blair didnt even know it REALLY annoyed me..I MEAN COME ON!! Plus, Chuck n Jenny? REALLY!!! Totally not neccesarry! Nate finally got wise ..THANK GOD! and at least he had a fun little ending..n I was jumping up n down for Joy that Dan was gonna run after Serena ( cause I love them too) n then Georgina ends up pg! What the hell????To top it all off they shoot my man Chuck at the end....so I know he survives does this mean he is gonna have amnesia now? or is it gonna end up that he chased Blair all season n next season she will chase him..again! Too much drama..even for me!
However I was even more unfulfilled with the 90210 finale. Annie ran over and killed that poor man over a year ago n Im still not sure if she comes clean? The whole Naomi/Annie/Liam storyline AGAIN!! BLAH!!! I hate Annie! Plus I knew all season Mr Cannon was a creepy guy but really? What is Naomi gonna do now that he did that to her? The only happy ending was Teddy n Silver n seriously they are about exciting as watching paint dry....so Im hoping the season premiere ends up knocking my socks off because on both shows I was left feeling very unhappy n underwhelmed!
I will be saying goodbye to Idol this year..Simon is leaving and really..what wil the show be without him??? Plus this season has been so boring I honestly have barely watched it..I think a good thing has DEFINATELY come to an end!
10 things I hate about u- Mindless teenybopper show I watch that is getting the boot. Im a bit sad about it..but not heartbroken, I really only watch it because it gives me fond memories of the movie with the late n great Heath Ledger. But, I do wish it wasn't being cancelled!
Last but certainly not least Lost...The show I only started watching 3 months ago because I found out my love Ian somerhalder was on season 1. I had no intention to watch after his death but I was captivated by it!! I must say if you dont watch it..park your butt down and hulu the last 6 years so u can watch the FINALE OF THE CENTURY on Sunday !!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry if this post bored you but I wanted to throw my thoughts out there in case any of you do watch and feel the same way or other way! Happy sweeps watching every1 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My obsessions!!! You will be hearing about these at some point

  • HARRY POTTER
  • CHOCOLATE
  • COFFEE
  • BRENDA AND DYLAN 90210 EPISODES
  • ENTOURAGE
  • SEX AND THE CITY
  • QUEER AS FOLK ( BRIAN AND JUSTIN MOSTLY)
  • TWILIGHT

About Me

My photo
Riverview, Florida, United States
Anna Constantinides Bonich is wife to: Fernando Bonich Mother to: Justina ( Nina)- 7 Crystal ( Mushala)- 2 Giovanni ( lil man or the chunkster)-1

Pook and I

Pook and I
I DO