Monday, January 25, 2010

gasperilla

So about a billion years ago- ok not a billion but a long time ago pirates came and docked at bayshore in Tampa and pretty much ruined the place. It was totally rummaged, burned and etc. So I would assume that the people at that time were not too happy about this. I mean if someone came and did this to my house I would be devastated. Well Tampa does not see it this way. Only in Tampa do they celebrate the fact that this happened. Im not quite sure why. Surprisingly not only do they celebrate this ransack of their town they throw 3 parades to commemorate this past event. The first parade was this past weekend where there is an air show where people actually jump out of planes , a huge 2 hour parade where they throw a million beads at us to catch with bunches of floats and marching bands and then to wrap it all up, a fireworks show!
It was actually super fun and the girls had a blast..my lil man even got in on the fun! =)
Next week is the daytime adult parade where it is legal to drink on the street!! It is similar to the kiddie parade cause there is about a 2 hour parade with floats and such but no kids...just alot of drinking and good fun. ( anyone wanna babysit so I can go...haha)The last parade is the f ollowing week where it is at night and it gets very RAUNCHY like mardi gras and it spells trouble..i suppose this is more sdimiliar to what the actual pirates had in mind..I will def not be going to this 1!!
OverallI think its a silly tradition but who cares..its a lot of fun =)

1 comment:

My obsessions!!! You will be hearing about these at some point

  • HARRY POTTER
  • CHOCOLATE
  • COFFEE
  • BRENDA AND DYLAN 90210 EPISODES
  • ENTOURAGE
  • SEX AND THE CITY
  • QUEER AS FOLK ( BRIAN AND JUSTIN MOSTLY)
  • TWILIGHT

About Me

My photo
Riverview, Florida, United States
Anna Constantinides Bonich is wife to: Fernando Bonich Mother to: Justina ( Nina)- 7 Crystal ( Mushala)- 2 Giovanni ( lil man or the chunkster)-1

Pook and I

Pook and I
I DO