Friday, September 11, 2009

LIFE

***I would like to make my post today dedicated to every1 that lost their life in 9/11 eight years ago and to every1 who has ever lost a loved one. ***
In my daily grind I know I sometimes forget how precious life is and how 2morrow is not a guarantee. I get annoyed at trivial things that mean nothing and often overreact to things I just should chill out about. I struggle with this because then I think about all the people who are not as blessed as my family is and I feel guilty. I promise myself to be a better person and not get upset over such little things and to look at the big picture. However, on monumental days like today I reflect the most. I think of how lucky I am to be have an amazing husband who provides for my family, 3 amazing kids that grow and thrive each day, a family that is always there for me through good and bad times, and friends who have proven to me that the old saying " blood is thicker then water" is a crap saying!
I think about how tragedy can strike at any moment like it did 8 years ago and take a life, change a life or lives, or change a country and its history. So upon my reflection I pray for every1 who was lost and pray that their memory will never be forgotten. I pray for those that have lost people so close to them that their lives will never be the same but they must keep living. Being a nyer this event hit me especially hard, I know people who were lost and am family and friends to people that have lost their loved ones. Every1 who knows me, knows I can't talk about it, watch the movies, or even teach about it. But, today I chose to write about it and say that we will stand united, we will not forget and we will continue to live our lives unlike so many bad people in this world want us to.
I realize that I am not perfect and that I am going to have bad days. I realize that the things that seem so trivial are important to me and that just makes me who I am. Lastly, i realize that even though I stress out sometimes and feel like the walls are closing in that it is ok. It is ok because I also know how lucky I am, I know Im loved, and I know I dont say it enough but I truly love my life and every1 in it. That is the best way to show respect to the ones we have lost. Not just on one day saying a prayer for them, but living my life and trying as hard as I can to make the world a better place. To accept the fact that I cant change all things and that life is not perfect but to keep trying each day anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My obsessions!!! You will be hearing about these at some point

  • HARRY POTTER
  • CHOCOLATE
  • COFFEE
  • BRENDA AND DYLAN 90210 EPISODES
  • ENTOURAGE
  • SEX AND THE CITY
  • QUEER AS FOLK ( BRIAN AND JUSTIN MOSTLY)
  • TWILIGHT

About Me

My photo
Riverview, Florida, United States
Anna Constantinides Bonich is wife to: Fernando Bonich Mother to: Justina ( Nina)- 7 Crystal ( Mushala)- 2 Giovanni ( lil man or the chunkster)-1

Pook and I

Pook and I
I DO