Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Apple pie

So, as most of you know I love to cook and bake. However, I don't always have the time w/ my 3 lil ones running around and everything we do. So this month I promised myself that I will do ALOT of holiday baking for the upcoming 3 big holidays. I have a bunch of yummy recipes I wanted to try and the girls adore helping mommy in the kitchen. So, I decided to start with apple pie. This is probably because one of the major activities I miss about NY is apple picking. So to fill the void I bought a bag of apples at the supermarket and decided to give it a whirl. I am not that big on pies so I never actually baked a pie b4 ( I am a cookie person) but my husband loves pie.
I have to say that I was honestly expecting disaster since I am stubborn and had to make the dough(pie crust) myself. Every1 warned me that for my 1st time I should just buy an already made pie crust. However, that doesnt feel homemade then..so I did it all by myself...and I must say it came out very yummy. The crust wasnt perfect, I needed to make more dough so I didnt have enough to quite cover the whole pie plate and I added a bit too much butter I think...so the crust wasnt as crisp as I would have wanted it. However, on the positive side , it tasted super yummy and it being crumbly and moist was actually a good thing.
The filling was also very good. So, overall I would say that my 1st attempt at pie was a success and will hopefully only get better with time. This also was my 1st of many foods I will cook in the upcoming months. Im sure some will be great and others not so great but Im excited to try!! I just LOVE the holiday season!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I've never attempted a pie before! I love baking, too! The holidays give so many opportunities to make lots of yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete

My obsessions!!! You will be hearing about these at some point

  • HARRY POTTER
  • CHOCOLATE
  • COFFEE
  • BRENDA AND DYLAN 90210 EPISODES
  • ENTOURAGE
  • SEX AND THE CITY
  • QUEER AS FOLK ( BRIAN AND JUSTIN MOSTLY)
  • TWILIGHT

About Me

My photo
Riverview, Florida, United States
Anna Constantinides Bonich is wife to: Fernando Bonich Mother to: Justina ( Nina)- 7 Crystal ( Mushala)- 2 Giovanni ( lil man or the chunkster)-1

Pook and I

Pook and I
I DO